How can one present the case that the Muslim holy book was revealed not in Mecca/Medina but rather it was revealed in Israel near Sodom and Gomorrah. I have come to this conclusion not based on wishful thinking rather the evidence is found in the Koran.
Lets read Surah Saffat (37) Ayat 137-8
- Sahih International: And indeed, you pass by them in the morning – And at night. Then will you not use reason?
- Pickthall: And lo! ye verily pass by (the ruin of) them in the morning – And at night-time; have ye then no sense?
- Yusuf Ali: Verily, ye pass by their (sites), by day – And by night: will ye not understand?
- Shakir: And most surely you pass by them in the morning, – And at night; do you not then understand?
- Muhammad Sarwar: You pass by (their ruined town) in the morning and at night. – Will you then not understand?
- Mohsin Khan: Verily, you pass by them in the morning. – And at night; will you not then reflect?
- Arberry: and you pass by them in the morning – and in the night; will you not understand?
The location that this verse is talking about is Sodom and Gomorrah because the preceding verses were talking about how Allah had destroyed the people of Lot.
I was made aware of this because of Ibn Warraq and Tom Holland who have written about Islam’s origins in gerat depth. Do read their work along with watching some of their videos on youtube.